The Book of Merm

And so it is written

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Trip- Part I

5:45AM Boston

Well I'm at the gate and nothing too exciting going on except for the Holy Cross swim team hanging out . There on their way to Barbados too, which is cool, but weird if you ask me. * SIDENOTE: One girl appears to be from saaandwich.*

Oh and for the record I'm writing this on my handheld thing. You know, it's not as cool as I had hoped. Anyway here I am.

New rule: anything I write has to go in "The Book", no editing.

5:55 AM Boston

Boarding time.

6:05AM Boston

Seat 1A...It might sound stupid but this is strangely close to the front. Hey, I guess someone's gotta sit here right? I hope you enjoy the views from my seat.

6:10AM Boston

The plane's leaking fuel so we get off and go to another gate...well it's getting interesting at least. Oh and sorry, no pics of the first seat.

6:25AM Boston

Ah, the wonderful feeling of cold leather on a chilled plane. Plane 2 isn't warmed up yet, but at least it holds it's fuel.

7:00 AM Flying

Just passed the Cape and The Islands. There is a beautiful sunrise that cannot be done justice, even by my nice new camera *thanks ginger* The plane window just ruins the lighting.

As I'm flying over miles of coastline I'm thinking about how much i love the ocean and have alwats wanted to live on the coast. I guess the next 4 months is my chance. I'm excited to get there and just see what life there is really like.

Next stop is NYC [JFK] and my quest to find internet...if i have enough time that is.

8:00 AM NYC [JFK]

I don't know if everyone will agree but landing at JFK and going over Long Island to do it is just cool.

My thoughts on JFK are that it's a nice airport and at the moment is not too crowded. Plus the omelets at this restaurant in the terminal are great.

Next stop is an attempt to get this up before I take off for Barbados. Let's see how that goes.

8:56 AM NYC [JFK]

Ok so finally I found internet (for a fee but it’s worth it.) After asking a guy about the internet here and finding you can get on for a fee I went to find a power supply. Well you know how on a trip you always forget something. Ya, I forgot part of my power cord. This computer is the only link I have to home for the next four months and I was faced with the possibility of not having it. Understandably I freaked out, looking in every pocket of both bags I have with me. Nothing. And the worst part is I know exactly where the cord is….sitting nicely on my bed at home. Well lucky for me there was a computer store in this terminal and they had a replacement for the part I needed, all is well in the world of Merm at the moment. Good food and helpful in a pinch, I’m telling you terminal 9 at JFK is a great place for me, other than the mysterious problem with my cell phone, but everything can’t be perfect can it.

Ok well I’m getting outta here. Enjoy till later tonight.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:12 AM , Blogger The Rick said...

    i am eagerly anticipating the next entry, and i like the new format

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home