The Book of Merm

And so it is written

Monday, January 15, 2007

Trip- Part II

Ok so here is part II of my running diary of my trip. It's outdated..about a week and a half now, but hey it needs to be posted.

9:23AM NYC [JFK]

So as Iook around the gate area for my flight I notice that it's filled with college kids. More swimmers apparently. Weird to think that i will be flying down on spring break air today.

Well I'm still going business class and that's just exciting. No I don't think I'm better than anyone, just more comfortable than the swimmers.

9:30AM NYC [JFK]

Boarding time.

12:15 PM <Barbados time>Flying

I'm eating warm nuts [almonds and cashews] and drinking ice water out of a real glass. I'm also miles away from the guy sitting next to me. now that I know what it's like up here can I ever go back?

Ya, probably. As nice as this all is I have a real sense that I don't belong. And you know what I said about not being bett just more comfortable....I think I'm alone on that thought up here. Oh well, it's still nice, and man is the food good.

One thing I can say for sure though is that it's much quieter up front, a nice feature for a guy that hates constant sounds [fans, air conditioning, etc.]

I'm also spending my time exploring my new camera to figure out all the options. I'm intent on getting some great pictures on this trip. Barbados is a beautiful island, so I'm boud to see something amazing.

2:15 PM <Barbados time>Flying

After a short nap I woke up and realized that I'm about an hour and a half away from Barbados. I'm almost there and I honestly can't wait....all my nervousness is gone and I'm just looking forward to getting off this plane.

3:35 PM <Barbados time>Flying

  • Invinceable, not a bad movie.
  • The clouds over the Carribbean are amazing.

3:40 PM <Barbados time>Flying

3 miles away...kinda unbelieveable really.

3:57 Barbados

Landed

4:25 Barbados

Through immigration

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home